Thursday, 7 October 2010

Dad's Army Website News Updates

Just been doing some long overdue additions to www.dadsarmy.tv

This website began as a CD Rom college project in 1997 and just grew over the years, particularly fuelled by my love of the Dad's Army television series.

In that time it's outlived some of the others of its kind and been given a few accolades along the way as well as getting me some (fun!) tasks as consultant on some of the DVD extras and a documentary on the lost episodes back in 2002!

The site is pretty static these days, except for a bit of tweaking and maybe even an overhaul on its appearance. I'll add some further information as time permits, but today I've added some news on my current read - Graham McCann's excellent new biography on John Le Mesurier (Sergeant Wilson) - Do You Think That's Wise? its published by Aurum and available now.

Lucy Hume from Samuel French Ltd has also informed me of several script books produced by Dad's Army creator David Croft for the stage - ideal for amateur dramatic companies, I've added some information on the Dad's Army title here, but there are also books on Are You Being Served?, 'Allo 'Allo, Hi-de-Hi! and dear old Arnold Ridley's (Private Godfrey) The Ghost Train.

Anyhow - I've spent an enjoyable few hours doing some of these updates - so if you love Dad's Army go and check the site out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...