Saturday, 13 November 2010

Christmas music

Christmas is coming - Rachel's got the scented candles lit and no doubt after Seren's birthday next week, I'll be constantly asked by the children to get the Christmas decorations up.

Okay, asides from my "Bah! Humbug-ness" I can't help but feel a little Christmassy.

I started uploading Christmas tracks to my I Pod last week and whenever I hear a bit of Bing Crosby singing White Christmas or Cliff Richard performing Little Town - I get snowflakes dancing before my eyes..

Seriously I do like Christmas music and today picked up a copy of Nat King Cole and Dean Martin's Christmas Album (or a variant of it) for a pound - what a bargain.

It got me thinking of what my favourite Christmas recordings are though and have compiled a list for Suite101.

Crystal Lewis' Holiday! and Jaci Velasquez Christmas always evoke Christmas memories from 2001 when Rachel and I were honeymooning in lovely cottages first in St.Ives and later in Reeth, Swaledale. I guess the warm jazz style of holiday sums up those warm memories best and remains a special album to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...