Friday, 21 January 2011

Badge Friday: Matey Bubble Bath

Matey Bubble Bath has been around since the 1950s. So, it was a well established product when it regularly turned up in my Christmas Stocking over several Christmas's in the 1970s (and what better way than to give your kids a present that also cleans the bath!).

Clean Fun, Clean Kids, Clean Bath

The slogan Matey regularly used in their adverts was Clean Fun, Clean Kids, Clean Bath, and it was! - Ah! Simpler times!

This Matey Badge is one of my originals and I'm sure dates from the mid 70s and came with a bottle of the bubbly stuff, taped inside the skittle shaped bottle cap. In fact I'm sure I played with the bottle for ages afterwards too - you had to be creative with whatever you could lay your hands on back then!

There were several variations of the Matey badge - I recall my sister having one with a different boat and I recently uncovered another in my wife's childhood badge collection!

There's some brief  history about Matey Bubble bath at the official website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...