I thought I'd kick off this weeks first edition with ten quotes from classic comedian and film star Groucho Marx (1895-1977) as Groucho and The Marx Brothers have provided me with quite a few laughs this week while watching Duck Soup and Monkey Business on Sky Classic Movies.
Groucho's sharp witted humour throughout those movies never fails to raise a laugh and these further quotes will hopefully tickle your funnybone!
Retrospace Top Ten Sundays: Groucho Marx Quotes
- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
- I intend to live forever, or die trying.
- Before I speak, I have something important to say.
- Either he's dead or my watch has stopped.
- A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
- I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
- Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me?
- Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
- I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Amaze Your Friends - Submit a Top Ten To Retrospace!
Have you got a top ten you'd like to submit to Retrospace? The Top Ten can take on any retro theme you like, from favourite records, TV shows, personalities, quotes - anything (as long as its clean!).
You'll get a full credit for compiling the top ten and a link to your blog (or website if you have one), as well as a special Retrospace Cut Out and Keep Badge, which you can post on your blog or print out and wear!