Sunday, 16 January 2011

Retrospace Top Ten Sundays: Groucho Marx Quotes

Here's a new section which I aim to feature on Retrospace every Sunday - a top ten!

I thought I'd kick off this weeks first edition with ten quotes from classic comedian and film star Groucho Marx (1895-1977) as Groucho and The Marx Brothers have provided me with quite a few laughs this week while watching Duck Soup and Monkey Business on Sky Classic Movies.

Groucho's sharp witted humour throughout those movies never fails to raise a laugh and these further quotes will hopefully  tickle your funnybone!


Retrospace Top Ten Sundays: Groucho Marx Quotes
  1. I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. 
  2. I intend to live forever, or die trying. 
  3. Before I speak, I have something important to say. 
  4. Either he's dead or my watch has stopped. 
  5. A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. 
  6. I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it. 
  7. Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me? 
  8. Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. 
  9. Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution? 
  10. I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. 
Source: Brainy Quote.com


Amaze Your Friends - Submit a Top Ten To Retrospace!

Have you got a top ten you'd like to submit to Retrospace? The Top Ten can take on any retro theme you like, from favourite records, TV shows, personalities, quotes - anything (as long as its clean!).

You'll get a full credit for compiling the top ten and a link to your blog (or website if you have one), as well as  a special  Retrospace Cut Out and Keep Badge, which you can post on your blog or print out and wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...