Friday, 18 February 2011

Badge Friday: Altered Images (Clare Grogan)

Probably one of the first bands I got into properly was Altered Images. Mainly because I loved their edgy pop and also, as with many teenage boys in the early 90s I had a crush on singer Clare Grogan!

Altered Images produced three very different albums in the early 80s moving from Punk to Pop to classy disco smoothness in three very easy sessions (actually, it probably took more than three sessions!).

Following hits including Happy Birthday, I Could Be Happy and Don't Talk To Me About Love and a very notable appearance in the film Gregory's Girl, Clare became a TV presenter and was spied recently on Vintage TV presenting a retro video show! While, Altered Images Guitarist Johnny McElhone went on to become part of Texas!

Not sure how I got this badge, possibly in a bargain bin or via my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...