Friday, 4 February 2011

Dad's Army, Python and ISIRTA Remastered On Vintage Beeb

The Three Vintage Beeb CD Releases

This week I've enjoyed listening to a handful of new releases on the BBC AudioGo label. I say new, basically they're re-issues of albums that were released back in the 1970s.

Under the Vintage Beeb banner these releases are digitally remastered versions of albums by the Dad's Army cast, Monty Python's Flying Circus and I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again team.

Each album comes with original album artwork, sleeve notes and facsimile vinyl looking compact disc. Which meets the approval of a former vinyl junkie like myself.

If you are interested in reading more about the releases - check out my suite101 reviews here:

An overview of the three new titles released.

My review of the Dad's Army release which features adaptations of two classic episodes.

My review of the I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again album featuring highlights from the series.

Another review of Monty Python's debut album from 1970 - featuring sketches from the first series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...