Sunday, 20 February 2011

Retrospace Top Ten Sundays: The Searchers

The Searchers at Newport Riverfront
1960s pop group The Searchers are still going strong after half a century in the business.

I've had the pleasure of catching the band twice in recent years and have to say, despite a few line up changes they still sound very authentic and true to their original 1960s recordings. Pictured here are a couple of Searchers pictures when the band performed at Newport Riverfront a few years ago.

The Searchers Live!
Here's my Top Ten Favourite Searchers tracks:
  1. Don't Throw Your Love Away
  2. Needles And Pins
  3. When You Walk In The Room
  4. Sugar and Spice
  5. Take Me For What I'm Worth
  6. What Have They Done To The Rain?
  7. Take It Or Leave It
  8. Love Potion No.9
  9. Sweets For My Sweet
  10. Goodbye My Love
Read My Preview of The Searchers 2011 UK Tour  and check out up to date news on The Searchers on their official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...