Sunday, 13 February 2011

Retrospace Top Ten Sundays: Television Themes

Hawaii Five-O makes Number 9
I've always loved TV themes, probably more from when I was groeing up than nowadays. Today they don't write theme tunes for shows anymore - I mean can you hum the tune from Torchwood or Being Human? These theme tunes that make my hair stand on my back with excitement when I hear them!

There's probably at least thirty others I could include here - but ten's the restriction!


  1. Doctor Who (Original Version) - Ron Grainer / Delia Derbyshire / The Radiophonic Workshop
  2. Dad's Army (Who Do You Think You're Kidding Mr.Hitler?) - Bud Flanagan
  3. The Avengers - Laurie Johnson Orchestra
  4. Dr Finlays Casebook - Trevor Duncan
  5. Whickers World  - Laurie Johnson Orchestra
  6. Bring Me Sunshine - Morecambe And Wise
  7. Monty Python's Flying Circus (Liberty Bell)
  8. Where I Find My Heaven (Game On) - Gigolo Aunts
  9. Hawaii Five-O - The Ventures
  10. Light Flight (Take Three Girls) - Pentangle
I know I've missed loads - tell me your favourites!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree with The Avengers, it'd be on my list too. I'd add Mission Impossible, Thunderbirds, The Professionals and M*A*S*H. A choice that probably gives away my age!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...