Friday, 11 March 2011

Badge Friday: Blancmange

Blancmange Badge
I read recently that Blancmange - that ultra cool 80s synth duo who had hits with Living On The Ceiling and Blind Vision were making a comeback with a new album Blanc Burn.

I have a feeling this badge originated from my sister as although I was a fan of Blancmange - I can't ever remember buying it!

I still have two Blancmange albums kicking about on cassette - a greatest hits collection and their final 80s album Believe You Me which featured a great track called I Can See It.

Their tracks often bring back great memories of Top Of The Pops and Sunday Afternoon Radio One Chart Show's particularly Neil Arthur's cheeky use of the word "Bloody" in the lyric of Living On The Ceiling.


Blancmange were less poppier and slightly more edgy than Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark or Heaven 17 which probably didn't give them as much chart success as they deserved,  but they remain truly one of the great chart acts of the early 80s.

1 comment:

  1. Blancmange may be making a comeback on the back of the track 'Living on the Ceiling' being used in the Berroca advert.
    I'm pretty sure I have a Radio 1 In Concert featuring Blancmange, though I've temporarily mislaid it. When I locate it I'll send you a copy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...