Monday, 6 June 2011

Newport Scenes: Festival Of Classic Cars


Walking through Newport City Centre on Saturday morning I came upon a selection of classic cars as part of  Newport's Festival of Classics.


Always a fan of anything retro I thought I'd take a few snaps of the beloved automobiles on show, some painstakingly restored to former glories by their owners.


Many of these motors took me back to the early 70s and brought back memories of seeing them on the streets in Stockton On Tees.


It was a particularly nice morning with a few spots of rain, but plenty of people enjoyed the cars on display.


I particularly loved this VW Beetle - I always used to want one of these!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos - my sister would love the Beetle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auh, I wish I were there. =( I also love anything retro! I actually have a photo album of such things. Vintage fashion really takes my breath, but retro cars are next to my list. Thank God, those were restored by their owners. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed Jolandi- thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...