Friday, 22 July 2011

Badge Friday: The Prisoner

The Prisoner No.2 Badge - 1990s
Here's a more recent badge in that it was acquired in the last 16 years and has a design based on a the retro TV classic series The Prisoner!

I didn't actually catch the series starring Patrick McGoohan until the 1980s when it was repeated on Channel 4.

I couldn't pretend to even understand half of what was going on within the context of the storyline but loved the series pop culture feel and surreal story lines.

My best college friend Andy Musker would make regular pilgrimages to the village where The Prisoner was filmed Portmeirion and one year sent me several bits of memorabilia from a trip - I particularly loved this badge and have treasured it since Andy gave it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...