Saturday, 23 July 2011

Music Finds: Imelda May, Jimi Hendrix and The Rat Pack

Bargain Prices: Jimi Hendrix
and The Rat Pack
Three bargain CD's purchased in Newport City Centre today, although one is newer than than the other two but I'll still give it a mention because of its retro sound and classy vocalist!

Imelda May's Mayhem was only released last year but includes some fabulous tunes with a jazz / rockabilly feel including a spectacular cover of Tainted Love, Psycho, Pulling the Rug and Johnny's Got a Boom Boom. Quite a bargain from HMV for £3!

I've purchased Rat Pack bargains before, for as many of you know, I enjoy the cool easy style of Messrs Sinatra, Martin and Davis Jr and The Rat Pack - Live and Cool double CD was too much of a treat to pass on from Poundland for a mere £1. 

Mayhem by Imelda May
Unlike some compilations this album features good quality recordings of the trio recorded live in the 1960s with banter  and classics such as Fly Me To The Moon, Chicago, What Kind Of Fool Am I and My Kind Of Town. A good example as to where the current Rat Pack tribute shows get their inspiration from if I'm not mistaken!

Finally, I walked into a charity shop and picked up Experience Hendrix: The Best Of Jimi Hendrix, a 20 track compilation of the guitar kings greatest hits for a mere 50p. The album includes classics like Hey Joe, All Along The Watchtower, Purple Haze and Voodoo Chile, many tracks which had been on my to get list for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...