Sunday, 21 August 2011

Patti Smith - Outside Society Reviewed




Patti Smith: Outside Society - Sony CMG
I have to admit I was intrigued when I heard Patti Smith's new compilation Outside Society  came up for review.

I have many memories of channel hopping on a transistor radio as I used to complete my school homework in the late 70s and early 80s and funnily enough Patti's music used to turn up quite regularly - well the stuff the deejays could play did...


Particular favourites at the time were Because The Night (co-written with Bruce Springsteen - before his promotion to The Boss) and Frederick which is a clever piece of poetry driven pop.

Outside Society pulls 18 tracks from Patti's 32 year musical output - check out my review here: Album Review: Patti Smith - Outside Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...