Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Press To Play: Endless Flight by Leo Sayer

Endless Flight by Leo Sayer
I remember my mother buying Leo Sayer's album Endless Flight on vinyl around 1977 featuring his hits You Make Me Feel Like Dancing, When I Need You and How Much Love? .

Produced by Richard Perry, Endless Flight represented a career peak for Leo who's constant presence on TV and radio throughout the 1970s endeared him to legions of fans of all ages.

Endless Flight on Cassette
I picked up this cassette copy in a charity shop in Dursley around 2004 for around 30p and was amazed despite the cassettes apparent age (late 70s) how well it played which probably indicates that the tape didn't get as much play as my Mum's vinyl album did.

Besides the hits, the album features several outstanding tracks particularly a cover of The Supremes' Reflections, Magdelena, Hold On To My Love, Think We Fell In Love Too Fast and the closing track Andrew Gold's Endless Flight which is my favourite.

I digitised the cassette, which appears to have a bit of a low noise quality however a boost in Audacity seems to have given the sound a bit of a lift.

Endless Flight By Leo Sayer:

  1. Hold On To My Love
  2. You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
  3. Reflections
  4. When I Need You
  5. No Business Like Love Business
  6. I Hear The Laughter
  7. Magdalena
  8. How Much Love
  9. I Think We Fell In Love Too Fast
  10. Endless Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...