Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Press To Play: The Rutles

The Rutles - Oh this is a good one!

The soundtrack to the original film spoof based on The Beatles story with words and music by Neil Innes. This was a bargain bin item I purchased from Woolworths in Darlington, County Durham  back in 1985.

I say "bargain bin", the cassette was £1.99 which was quite pricey for a tape back then, but I really liked the music from the repeat of the 1978 film "The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash" shown on BBC2 a few weeks previous, and couldn't find a vinyl equivalent.

Despite the cassette's age it still plays, though the playback sounds a bit heavy on bass - still it'll do until I get it on CD!

The Rutles - Warner Brothers, 1978
  1. Hold My Hand
  2. Number One
  3. With A Girl Like You
  4. I Must Be In Love
  5. Ouch!
  6. Living In Hope
  7. Love Life
  8. Nevertheless
  9. Good Times Roll
  10. Doubleback Alley
  11. Cheese And Onions
  12. Another Day
  13. Piggy In The Middle
  14. Lets Be Natural

1 comment:

  1. I agree. A great film, very clever. Would love to see it again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...