Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Retro Vinyl Finds: Bing Crosby - I'll Sing You a Song Of The Islands

I don't really go out of my way to buy vinyl now, though there's the odd piece that does turn up at a record fair or a charity shop that tickles my fancy I might go for it if the price is right!

I found this collection of Bing Crosby Hawaiian Songs entitled I'll Sing You A Song Of The Islands for a mere 25p in a charity shop in Newport.

I've been quite a fan of Bing in the last decade since sitting down one Christmas with Rachel and watching White Christmas from start to finish. I've since rediscovered Bing's great Road To movies with Bob Hope and love listening to his recordings...

I quite like this LP for its unusual shot of Bing posing with two glamorous Hawaiian girls as it reminds me of those cheeky Road To movies (though I don't think they ever went to Hawaii!) and I thought it was quite unusual as not to feature the usual portraits of Bing on the cover...

Featuring 12 tracks recorded in the late 1930s and early 40s this Hawaiian flavoured album appears to be a 1972 compilation released on the Coral label. I'll post a review of the album on the blog when I get around to digitising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...