Tuesday, 27 September 2011

David Croft OBE Remembered

David Croft, Pamela Cundell and Ann Croft in 2005
- Andy Howells
Anyone who knows me will know that I've been a lifelong fan of Dad's Army.

My earliest memories of the series are watching Arthur Lowe carried away by a barrage balloon on The Day The Balloon Went Up and I was hooked  ( I must have only have been 2).

So it's with some sadness when I learn of the passing of someone associated with the show, although with David's Croft's case if he hadn't have spotted the potential of Jimmy Perry's original idea for a series we may never have had Dad's Army, Allo Allo, It Ain't Half Hot Mum! Are You Being Served or any other classics he was associated with...

I had the pleasure of meeting David a few times and here's a quick snap I took of him and his wife Ann chatting with Pamela Cundell who played Mrs Fox in Dad's Army back at a Dad's Army Appreciation Society Luncheon at Bressingham in 2006.

You can read my full tribute to David Croft over on my Retrospace blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...