Thursday, 29 September 2011

Meeting David Croft and Jimmy Perry in 2000

David Croft signs Andy's Copy of
Dad's Army: The Missing Episodes
- Rachel Howells
Here's a couple of images I found from when Rachel and myself were invited to attend the screening of a certain amount of missing TV material which had been recovered back in 2000.

This particular event entitled Missing Believed Wiped featured a screening of the Dad's Army episode The Battle of Godfrey's Cottage which had recently been recovered and was staged at the NFT, London.

Andy with David Croft - Rachel Howells
The event was covered by a documentary team from BBC Scotland who were making the documentary Dad's Army: Missing Believed Wiped.

I had been contacted on a regular basis for several weeks by a BBC researcher in order to suggest clips to be used on the show, so I was quite chuffed when I noticed they'd given me a credit on the documentary when it was broadcast on BBC2.

The documentary has since been repeated on numerous occasions and is featured as an extra on the Dad's Army: Complete Series 1 & 2 DVD.
Andy chatting with Jimmy Perry - Rachel Howells
I was also interviewed on this particular day and briefly appear on the documentary but my biggest thrill was getting to chat with Mr Perry and Mr Croft after the showing, both kindly signed my book of Dad's Army missing episodes scripts - a treasured possession!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...