Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Glen Campbell Farewell Tour Review Now Online

Glen Campbell -
Wikimedia Commons
Following my previous post the final review of last weekends musical events I attended is now online.

I wouldn't say I'm a knocked out Country music fan but there are some artists which have always stood out, particularly Glen Campbell. I always loved Rhinestone Cowboy as a child and gradually got more into his music over the years.

However; I sort of had a Campbell rediscovery around 1995/96 when I had a part time cleaning job when I was a full-time student in Carmarthen. The lady whose house I cleaned had many CD's I used to play during the chores I recall Glen Campbell helping me through many hours of polishing and washing ... funny that!

Thankfully furniture polish and soap suds was the last thing on my mind on Sunday evening when I saw Glen and his backing band Instant People, live in concert.

You can read the full review: Glen Campbell Bids Farewell To Fans At St David's Hall, Cardiff  here


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...