Monday, 24 October 2011

The Hollies and The Barron Knights Concert Reviews Now Online

The Hollies Live In Concert -
Courtesy of Jimmy Smith Management
It's been a mammoth weekend for me having attended no less than three concerts featuring legendary chart acts since Thursday.

On Thursday evening, I attended St David's Hall to catch The Hollies live. I've been listening to The Hollies for as long as I can remember, I Can't Let Go always a personal favourite of mine.

Nearly fifty years on from their formation they are still going, featuring founder members Tony Hicks and Bobby Elliott. You can read my full review of The Hollies Live At St David's Hall here

The Barron Knights Live In Concert 
On Friday, I was out again to review the excellent Barron Knights. I remember watching The Barron Knights on television as a child performing their medley A Taste Of Aggro which consisted of paodies of The Smurf Song, Rivers Of Babylon and Matchstick Men and Matchstalk Cats and Dogs.

The band still retains a great balance of humour and classic rock n roll in their gigs. You can read my full review of The Barron Knights Live at  Newport Riverfront here.

If you want to know any further information on The Hollies or The Barron Knights check out their official websites :
Finally, I caught the legendary Glen Campbell at St David's Hall last night - there will be more on that review shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...