Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Press To Play: An Hour Of Cliff Richard

Hour of Cliff Richard
Presentation Box - MFP, 1986
Here's another of Music For Pleasure's Hour Of Compilations from the 80s featuring the Peter Pan of Pop - Cliff Richard.

Although I transferred the whole cassette to MP3 format I only retained a couple of the tracks for my iPod as I've obtained several of these since on CD format.

What strikes me about this particular release is the diversity of Cliff tracks included which feature hits, b-sides, film songs and a few from his religious albums. EMI have since reissued the album on compact disc. Many of the tracks also feature The Shadows backing Cliff, though they are not credited on the sleeve.

I mentioned in a previous Press To Play post that many of these Hour Of  releases originally came housed in presentation boxes, this is one of only two boxes I retained.

An Hour Of Cliff Richard
Music For Pleasure, 1986. HR 41 8122 4 Stereo

  1. I Could Easily Fall (In Love With You)
  2. Gee Whiz It's you
  3. Travelin' Light
  4. Unchained Melody
  5. Beat Out That Rhythm On A Drum
  6. Blueberry hill
  7. Got A Funny Feeling
  8. Spanish Harlem
  9. It Is No Secret
  10. We Say Yeah
  11. Day By Day (Live)
  12. Dancing Shoes
  13. Blue Turns To Grey
  14. A Voice In the Wilderness
  15. When My Dreamboat Comes Home
  16. "D" In Love
  17. I'm Walkin' the Blues
  18. Fire And Rain (Live)
  19. With The Eyes Of A Child
  20. Good News
  21. Sing A Song of Freedom
  22. Mr. Businessnan (Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...