Friday, 21 October 2011

The Hollies Live In Concert - Reviewed!

The Hollies captured live on their 2011 tour
- courtesy of Jimmy Smith Management
Last night I had the pleasure of catching one of my favourite bands The Hollies live in concert at st David's Hall , Cardiff.

I've sort of held off from seeing them until now - despite been such a big fan, I was aware that from their original hit making era only guitarist Tony Hicks and drummer Bobby Elliott remain in the band so was slightly worried that my findings might not be as good as those records I've listened to all my life.

However;  my reservations were ill judged as both Tony and Bobby along with Steven Lauri (guitar), Ian Parker (guitar), Ray Styles (synthesiser) and lead vocalist Peter Howarth delivered over two hours of classic tunes including I Can't Let Go, Yes I Will, I'm Alive, He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother and The Air That I Breathe. As Peter Howarth said "The Hollies aren’t about one person but about one voice" and he's right because that Hollies sound is so evidently still going strong.

Read my full review about The Hollies live at St David's Hall here and for latest news on The Hollies check their official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...