Saturday, 17 December 2011

On Television: Dad's Army - My Brother And I

Arthur Lowe Plays Captain
Mainwaring's brother Barry in
My Brother and I
Christmas is coming, so it's time for the BBC to turn out the Dad's Army Christmas Specials and here's the first rerun of 2011's festive season, 1975's My Brother And I.

Captain Mainwaring receives a most unwelcome visitor in Walmington-on-Sea, much to the glee of Private Frazer.

This episode of Dad's Army remains one of the finest from the shows later years particularly as it features Arthur Lowe in the dual role of Captain Mainwaring and his brother Barry.

Originally broadcast on December 26, 1975, My Brother And I will be broadcast at 20:20 hrs on BBC2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...