Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Those Radio Times: Doctor Who Magazine Tribute

Doctor Who Magazine Issue 442
On arriving home from work tonight I was pleased to see my latest Doctor Who magazine had arrived (thanks to my wife who subscribes it for my birthday present every year!). This months cover however made me smile though as it's an affectionate tribute to Abbey's Christmas Radio Times cover from 1924.
Radio Times - 1924 Christmas Cover
The cover was later brought to life again by Bob Venables for 1994. Vince McIndoe has magically recreated the spirit of these covers to tie in with the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special for this months Doctor Who Magazine - available from all good newsagents!
Radio Times - 1994 Christmas Cover

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely homage to a classic piece of Radio Times artwork.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...