Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Sketchbook: Buddy Holly Valentine Card Design

Valentine Card Cover
Here's my design for the Valentine card I made for Rachel this year.

I have to admit I usually get a bit stumped for designs on Valentines Day, I like to come up with something a bit different than the usual hearts and flowers stuff as I feel they lose impact after a while.

Anyhow, this year I took inspiration from the classic Buddy Holly song True Love Ways. I have to admit getting inspired when I saw Buddy Holly and The Cricketers live in concert at Newport Riverfront the Thursday before.
Valentine Card Inside Design
I put the art together in Photoshop using some clip artwork of a record disc (which I modified to include the Buddy Holly True Love Ways title, two hearts which I layered over the disc and a copyright free image of Buddy Holly which I pop art-ed!

I also found the lyrics to True Love Ways of which I superimposed over the pop art image inside the card.

All I then had to do was get the printer to play ball - which it did hours later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...