Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Music Notes: A song about Thursday from Eric Bay


It's funny how music goes through your mind and sets you on several trains of thought.

The first track I heard this morning when I kicked my iPod into a random play list was The Monkees Pleasant Valley Sunday.  I then got to thinking about songs featuring other days of the week.

  • The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
  • Mama's And The Papa's - Monday Monday
  • Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
  • Lisa Loeb - Waiting For Wednesday
  • The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind
  • Elton John - Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting

I struggled to rack my mind for a song about Thursday (though I'm sure there are many) but then when I checked out my Twitter account  I found I had a new musical follower (always cool).

Musician Eric Bay has a pretty cool website and impressed me by his humour filled videos about his music and film work I thought I'd follow him back. I then received a message from Eric to download his track "I Hate Thursday's", a brilliant piano pop melody with a vocal style reminiscent of Al Stewart. Guess I found my Thursday song!

Check out Eric's website here to find out further about his new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...