Sunday, 8 April 2012

The First Record I Bought: Part 2

Elvis Presley's iconic debut album from 1956
Continuing Retrospace feature on first records we bought here’s some further comments from my Twitter feed.

The Who - Quadrophenia
You can join the discussion on Twitter by either following me retrospaceandy or seeking out the topic #firstrecordbought. If you’re not on Twitter, don’t despair, you can add a comment below and I’ll be updating some more Tweet choices shortly!

Champagne Truffles (Fellow Tweeter)
"Kung Fu Fighting was mine!!"

Mark Goodwin (Musician/Photographer)
@Magone:"Hi Andy- I think! The first 78 was Shake Rattle & Roll Bill Haley and the LP was Elvis's first, with That's Alright Mama on".

Eric Bay (Musician)
@ericbaymusic: “Good question! It was either 'HIStory' by Michael Jackson or 'Definitely Maybe' by Oasis”.

T.Rex - Get It On
Marie Nixon (Musician/Ex–Kenickie & Rosita)
@mariemarie0: "Wet Wet Wet album. Genius! I was a megafan”.

Dex36 (Fellow Tweeter)
“My mum bought me tapes 'Achy Breaky Heart' and 'Touch Me in the Dark' by Deni Heinz. Appropriate at 5yo.”

Eddie McClintock (Actor – Warehouse 13 / Musician / Artist)
@EddieMcClintock: “8th Grade, mom got me: AC/DC Back in Black • The Who Quadro • Floyd Animals

Marcus Gee (Fellow Tweeter)
“Tenpole Tudor Swords of a 1000 men! Picture disc 7" single”

Martha & The Muffins - Echo Beach
Lesley-Ann Jones (Writer / Music Journalist/ TV Presenter)
@LAJwriter: “Was given 45s before old enough to buy them. Got Space Oddity for my birthday,'69. Def bought T Rex's Get It On, '71. Get It On remains an all-time fave. It's got everything: Tony Visconti on bass, and my friend Rick Wakeman on keyboards!”

Paul Davies (Fellow Tweeter)
“33 Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars 45 Sugar Sugar

Rebecca John (BBC Wales Newsreader / Journalist)
@Rebek17: “Hi, it was Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins. Still love it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...