Monday, 9 April 2012

The First Record I Bought: Part 3

Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley & the Comets
It’s Bank Holiday Monday and  Retrospace continues to feature the first records we purchased when taking our great journeys in the world of music collecting… here’s some further comments from fellow tweeters (and some well known ones) on my Twitter feed…

Geoff Love & His Orchestra -
Big Bond Movie Themes
Andrew Paul Fisher (Fellow Tweeter)
“1st 45 Showaddywaddy Under the Moon of Love. 1st LP Music for Pleasure Geoff Love Orch - Music from 007

Bernard Holley (Actor – Z Cars, and Axon Man in Doctor Who among many others)
@BernardHolley: “Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock" (Saw Bill Haley in concert) at about the same time "Heartbreak Hotel" Elvis Presley. Shows how far back I go!” (More from Bernard shortly).

Lee Mengo (Actor)
@leemengo: “Neneh Cherry. Buffalo Stance. Then a week later I bought Milli Vanilli. Yeah baby.”

Madonna - Justify My Love
Theo Paphitis (Dragons Den Entrepreneur)
@TheoPaphitis: “Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle of the Road from Woolworth!”

Katy Manning (Doctor Who Actress – Jo Grant)
@ManningOfficial: “With my own money 'Teddy Bear ' Elvis Presley 1st given to me was Laughing Policeman!!! Xx”

Nigel Crowle (Fellow Tweeter)
“Album: Deep Purple in Rock, 45: Sparky’s Magic Piano. Not bought at same time, though...”

Behnaz Akghar (BBC Wales Weather Anchor)
@behnazakhgar: “Record Madonna Justify My Love. CD Prodigy...”
Glen Campbell - Honey Come Back

Martyn Joseph (Singer / Musician)
@martyn_joseph: “Hey Andy it was 'Honey Come Back' by Glen Campbell”

Eleanor Conway (Radio Presenter)
@EleanorConway: “I Should Be So Lucky" Kylie'”

Tom Webb (Comedian)
@TomWebb: “ Hello. It was Salt N Pepa - A Salt with a Deadly Pepa. They were also my first concert”

You can join the discussion on Twitter by either following me @retrospaceandy or seeking out the topic #firstrecordbought.

If you’re not on Twitter, don’t despair, you can add a comment below and I’ll be updating some more Tweet choices shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...