Tuesday, 10 April 2012

The First Record I Bought: Part 4

Bix Beiderbecke and the Wolverines
Continuing the feature of first records we purchased here are further comments from my Twitter feed from fabulous and famous Tweeters

Don't Fence Me In - Bing Crosby
& The Andrews Sisters
Richard Elis (Actor)
@relis: “I saved up and bought the self titled Europe album! Final Countdown still gets the air guitar going! Not cool, but true!”

Huw Edwards (Flagship BBC Newsreader)
@huwbbc: “At a guess... 1971 and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep but please don't tell anyone”

Anneke Wills (Former Doctor Who Companion – Polly)
@AnnekeWills: “There were two Bix Beiderbecke and the Wolverines and also Mahalia Jackson.”

Christopher Biggins (Actor and TV Personality)
@onebiggins: “I'm a pink tooth brush you’re a blue tooth brush.”

Flood - They Might Be Giants
David Corten (Singer / Musician ex FlyScreen Top Cherrybeat)
@davesaysFTS: “Can't remember my first but the last vinyl I had bought for me was Dangerous by Michael Jackson. A week later I was saved.”

The Siren Sisters (Cool retro 1940s style singing group)
@sirensisters40s: “Hi Andy!! Ummmm....Can we say The Andrews Sisters - Don't Fence Me In, hee..? The Siren Sisters xxx”

Emily Hurd (Singer/songwriter)
@Emily Hurd: “I was just a kid (and a real goofball) when I bought my first album. It was Flood by They Might Be Giants.”

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club
Band
- The Beatles
Keiron Self (Actor)
@keironself “Land of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz. It was the 80s I was young and foolish.”

Lisa Loeb (Singer/songwriter)
@LisaLoeb “I can't remember exactly- Sgt Pepper's? Tragedy by the Bee Gees? Something Elton John? We had so many records at home!!”

Carol Kirkwood (First Lady of BBC Weather)
@carolkirkwood: "My Dad bought me first record ever. But I bought The Jam x”

You can join the discussion on Twitter by either following me @retrospaceandy or seeking out the topic #firstrecordbought.

If you’re not on Twitter, don’t despair, you can add a comment below and I’ll be updating some more Tweet choices shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...