Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Voice Star Lindsey Butler sings Beatles Classic

Lindsey Butler - Lindsey-Butler.com
I'm not one for liking talent shows, in fact my family will tell you I'd rather go and do the washing while everyone else watches shows TV in the living room.

I have to say though The Voice UK is not a talent show. The judges listen to the  voices for the selection of their teams and don't treat the performers like second rate wannabes. So in our house over the last few weeks The Voice UK has become essential family viewing (yes I even put the washing up on hold till its finished).

Of course following the blind auditions the judges, Sir Tom Jones, Will I Am, Jessie J and Danny O' Donoghue from The Script have had to begin their elimination process. This must have been incredibly difficult as so many of the performers have housed more talent than I've even glimpsed on any other show of similar ilk (you know which ones I'm talking about).

I was slightly disappointed last week when one of my favourite vocalists on The Voice UK Lindsey Butler, lost out on the battle round, but I was sure it wouldn't be the last we'd hear from her. Lindsey's country rock vocals have been one of the highlights of the show so far and I thought she tackled "I Don't Want To Talk About It" and "Born To Run" brilliantly.

I was therefore pleased to find Lindsey now has a website and  three tracks up on Soundcloud including a beautiful version of George Harrison's While My Guitar Gently Weeps.



Lindsey also has a brilliant video up on YouTube called Charlie - I really love the vintage feel and look of this - check it out!

More Lindsey Butler links:
Check out Lindsey Butler's website
Check Out Lindsey Butler's Soundcloud Page
Check Out The Voice UK website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...