Friday, 31 August 2012

Badge Friday: Magpie - 7 For A Secret Never To Be Told

This week I'm profiling one of Rachel's badges.

This one originates from the 1970s and a lyric from the children's magazine programme Magpie.

The lyric is 7 For a Secret Never To Be Told. Can you remember the rest of the song (as performed by The Murgatroyd Band - a Pseudonym for The Spencer Davis Group).

Here's the main Magpie lyric:
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret never to be told
Eight for Heaven
Nine for Hell
Ten for the Devil himself

We weren't really allowed to watch Magpie in my house though I do remember the odd show. My mother always used to show utter disgust when the show used to ask for money for charities . "...At least Blue Peter only ask for milk bottle tops" she'd say.

I'm wondering if this badge had other versions featuring other lyrics from the Magpie song - if you have one please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...