Tuesday, 15 January 2013

View From A Bridge

December 31 2012
The view in question is from Ebbw Bridge here in Newport.

For the past 8 years or so I've walked over this bridge every morning on my way into work at the South Wales Argus offices. Newport frequently has a bit of a negative press, not far from this rather tranquil view of a river by a church we have a graffiti strewn subway that council workers frequently have to repaint and litter strewn roadsides with MacDonalds and chip shop wrappers.

January 1, 2013
For a moment each day as i walk over the bridge I usually look down on this view which runs towards the docks road, I may see a few ducks calmly swimming or the wild torrent of water pressure breaking through higher levels, but for a few months despite life worries and pressures everything seems okay.
January 2, 2013
I'm currently snapping an image a day on my phone of the same view and have been amazed by the different scenes I've acquired since the new year... here's a few selections...
January 8, 2012
There are more selections on my Instagram account search for #ebbwbridge under @retrospaceandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...