Thursday, 7 March 2013

Petula Clark Talks About Her New Album: Lost In You

Petula Clark
Now in her 80th year, Petula Clark is still as busy as ever!

Not only has she recently released an excellent new album called Lost In You, which features the fabulous dance track Cut Copy Me but also announced several UK dates for a new tour at the end of the year. 

I recently interviewed Petula whose timeless approach to music has enabled her to span the decades since 1949.“It’s never a conscious thing;” she told me, ‘I never sit down and think I’ve got to move with the times. I just live for the day and if the music comes out sounding different or contemporary that’s just the way it is.”

Petula's new album also includes a new version of her 1964 classic Downtown as well as brand new versions of Elvis' Love Me Tender and John Lennon's Imagine.

You can read my interview with Petula Clark over at the South Wales Argus website: Pet Sounds - Petula Clark Interview

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A real superstar. Always loved her work with Tony Hatch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...