Sunday, 10 March 2013

Retro Vinyl: Cliff Richard - All My Love (MFP, 1970)

By the late 60s, EMI's budget label Music For Pleasure hit on the idea of releasing albums by popular singers, some of these LP's were unique in that they featured singles and EP tracks whereas others were straight repackaging's of albums but with new covers.

This Cliff Richard release from 1970 is a combination of 11 tracks from his 1965 self-titled album Cliff Richard and his 1967 single only release All My Love.

The track-list for the original Cliff Richard album released in 1965 on Columbia Records was as follows:


Side 1
  1. Angel
  2. Sway
  3. I Only Came To Say Goodbye
  4. Take Special Care
  5. Magic Is The Moonlight
  6. House Without Windows
  7. Razzle Dazzle

Side 2
  1. I Don't Wanna Love You
  2. It's Not For Me To Say
  3. You Belong To My Heart
  4. Again
  5. Perfidia
  6. Kiss
  7. Reelin' And Rockin'
When Music For Pleasure reissued the album in 1970 they made a few omissions to the track-list and brought in Cliff's 1967 hit All My Love to open the second side.


Side 1
  1. Sway
  2. I Only Came To Say Goodbye
  3. Take Special Care
  4. Magic Is The Moonlight
  5. House Without Windows
  6. Razzle Dazzle

Side 2
  1. All My Love (Solo Tu)
  2. I Don't Wanna Love You
  3. You Belong To My Heart
  4. Again
  5. Perfidia
  6. Reelin' And Rockin'
The album also features accompaniment by The Shadows and The Norrie Paramor Orchestra and proved a popular release when MFP reissued it in 1970. My mum has a copy of this and the original Cliff Richard LP in her collection. I picked my copy of this album up at a record fair in Swansea in the late 90s for around a pound. It features a great portrait of Cliff on the front and of course some great album tracks.

The original Cliff Richard album is available on CD along with Cliff's 1967 LP Don't Stop Me Now, while Cliff's All My Love LP seems to have gained a CD release on the Magic label with the addition of 13 bonus tracks (including those removed from the original Cliff Richard album).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...