Saturday, 11 May 2013

Music Interviews: Paper Aeroplanes and Balthazar

Paper Aeroplanes
This week saw a year from when I took over designing The South Wales Argus entertainment supplement The Guide.

Its been a fun year and an interesting experience as its given me a great opportunity to get creative with my design skills again in a subject I'm passionate about - entertainment.

The latest Meet The Band feature profiles Welsh band Paper Aeroplanes whom I featured last May. I interviewed singer Sarah Howells (no relation) a few weeks ago in which she discussed the bands new release Little Letters and their current tour.

Describing the sound of Paper Aeroplanes, Sarah told me: “I think it’s really hard to find people to compare us to, I can never put my finger on it. It’s not like its crazy Avant-Garde or new sound or anything. It’s partly growing up in west Wales before the internet was a huge deal, there was not much external influence as far as music was concerned – it was all about your parents’ record collections and what you could find.”

Read my full interview with Sarah Howells of Paper Aeroplanes on The South Wales Argus website: Meet The Band Special: Paper Aeroplanes' Sarah Howells Discusses Little Letters

Another interview featured this week is  with Maarten Devoldere from Balthazar who tells me about the bands  most interesting live experience:

Balthazar
"In South Africa we played a festival where the stage was built over a small lake.During our concert the stage broke down and we lost some of our backline in the water. 

We could fish the bass guitar out of the water and for some miraculous reason it sounded completely different and way better after the incident.We recorded our two records with it and still use it every show."

Balthazar are currently touring the UK and recently released their album entitled Rats.

Read the full Q&A with Maarten on The South Wales Argus website: French rockers on the road - Maarten Devoldere interview

Check out other articles from The Guide here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...