Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Lust for Life: Compiling A Trainspotting Collage

Trainspotting stage stars Stuart Fouweather, Catherine Morgan, Stuart Moss, Ryan Salter, Jonathan Dunn and Emma Brunnock 

I recently got an invitation by Newport Playgoers to see a preview of their forthcoming production of Trainspotting. 

I was intrigued as to how this cult classic by Irvine Welsh would transfer to the stage and you can read about my findings on the Argus website: Cult hit Trainspotting makes comeback at Newport's Dolman Theatre.

As I was writing a preview for The Guide I thought it might be fun to recreate the original poses of some of the characters as used to promote the original Danny Boyle film.

All participating actors were true stars when squaring up for the camera and I compiled the above image in Photoshop, which was then used on the cover and centre spread of last Friday's edition of The Guide.

Catch Newport playgoers presentation of Trainspotting from June 19 until June 22. Visit dolmantheatre.co.uk for ticket information.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...