Sunday, 25 August 2013

My interviews with X Factor stars Jedward, Matt Cardle and Diana Vickers

Compiling copy for The South Wales Argus entertainment supplement The Guide finds me interviewing an interesting batch of celebrities.

Some of these have found their way through The X Factor series over the years and are still going strong with their careers...

Jedward

 John and Edward Grimes AKA Jedward have had a diverse career since appearing on The X Factor and judging by responses to my recent tweets have a very popular following. They are currently touring again and appear at St David's Hall in Cardiff next month.

“We tour with what we want to do and always have the support of the public and our fans,” Edward told me last week, “No matter what we do they are always there to cheer us on.”

Read more of my interview with Jedward here: Jedward set to bring their style to Cardiff

Matt Cardle

Matt Cardle won the seventh series of X Factor and is currently preparing a new album of which a duet with former spice Girl Mel C has recently been released.

"We basically met at the Isle of Wight Festival last year. Mel was playing on the same stage as me so we had a quick chat then," says Matt.
 "I then met her this year at a Cancer Research fundraiser. We swapped numbers and I invited her to my concert in London in May. We spoke after the show about writing together. I then had an idea with my manager to rewrite a song I had been working on for over a year and turn it into a duet. We worked on it and then sent it to Mel. She loved it and the rest is… well, history!"

Diana Vickers

Blackburn born Diana Vickers had a chart-topping album with Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree and recently released her second album Songs To Make Boys Cry.

“It’s been a long process but well worth it," Diana recently told me, "We’ve took the inspiration from Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Blondie and lots of 80s artists. I’m particularly proud of the first single from the album Cinderella.

Read on: There's No Stopping Diana Vickers


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...