Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Retro Vinyl Finds: Bing Crosby, Russ Conway, Matt Monro and Hit Hits

Five more recent vinyl album finds, this time from Oxfam and Healthy Planet shops in Newport, Gwent.

Bing Crosby Oxfam find
  • Hey Jude/Hey Bing! - Bing Crosby, London Records, 1969
  • Russ Conway Plays Jolson Hits, Music For Pleasure, 1969
  • Hit Hits, Music For Pleasure, 1969
  • The Impossible Dream - Matt Monro Sounds Superb/Music For Pleasure, 1967
  • Crosby Classics - Bing Crosby, Hallmark, 1967
I rarely come across any Bing Crosby releases so it was quite a surprise where the first shop I visited Oxfam I found the 1969 album Hey Jude/Hey Bing! A release that features Bing Crosby giving a nod to The Beatles has to be a bit of a collectible in my eyes and love the classic looking cover too! The album was a £1 but considering its in mono too and very clean condition I thought it a worthy addition.

Healthy Planet Finds
Earlier I had visited the Salvation Army shop and found releases by Russ Conway and Bill Wellings anonymous cover versions. Healthy Planet threw up two further releases, this time a Russ Conway homage compilation to Al Jolson and a Bill Wellings compilation of covers from 1968 entitled Hit Hits.

I recently located a Matt Monro LP for 20p and have now found another entitled The Impossible Dream, a 70s reissue on Music For pleasure's Sounds Superb label of a 60s LP.

Finally I ended where I began the day with another Bing Crosby LP this time entitled Crosby Classics, a nice cover with some great typography!

As usual with Healthy Planet all items are free as long as you don't chuck them away, you can keep them or recycle them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...