Heres some recent LP and 45 RPM finds from the YMCA shop in Newport, Gwent all from the 1960s...
|YMCA Shop discoveries|
- LP: The Best Of Cliff - Cliff Richard, Columbia 1969
- LP: Anatomy Of Love - Vikki Carr, Liberty, 1965
- Single: Strangers In The Night - Frank Sinatra, Reprise, 1966
- Single: Walk With Me - The Seekers, Columbia, 1966
- Single: Morningtown Ride - The Seekers, Columbia, 1966
The albums were 50p each while the singles were 25p each bringing in the total to £1.75.
The singles came in 1960s era sleeves too, The Seekers' Morningtown Ride housed in a Columbia era red sleeve while the other two are advertising album releases from 1966, never sure about the origin of these sleeves although i assume they were a marketing ploy by EMI to get record buyers to think about purchasing albums!
The 60s LPs were The Best of Cliff in stereo from 1969, (Cliff Richard's third greatest hits compilation at the time) and Vicki Carr''s Anatomy of Love in mono from 1965. Vikki later scored a huge UK hit with It Must Be Him two years later in 1967.