Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Christmas Show Reviews and Interviews: Beauty and The Beast, Newport Riverfront

Elin Llwyd
This years panto at Newport Riverfront is Beauty and The Beast, I caught up with the cast in late November for four interviews and reviewed the show with my family earlier this month...

Beauty and The Beast, Newport Riverfront

"Last years Riverfront panto Robin Hood was always going to be a tough act to follow,  but the cast and crew have struck gold yet again..."

Read my review for Beauty and The Beast

Lee Mengo on  Beauty and The Beast: "“Its complete panto, I think some people might expect the Disney version of Beauty and The Beast but you won’t get that! There are a couple of original songs in there, which is really nice. Lots of different stuff going on, but its still panto."

Read my interview with Lee Mengo

Richard Elis
Richard Elis on Beauty and The Beast"In this one I'm lucky enough to be doing an old music-hall routine that Norman Wisdom and Bruce Forsyth did. It’s really gentle and important to show the younger audience that you don’t need lights, smoke and lasers all the time. Its just two blokes, two planks and a ladder and that lasts for 7 minutes, it holds the attention.”

Read my interview with Richard Elis

Rob Vernon on Beauty and The Beast: "Challenging for me is the choreography, I’m like Rocky. I’m in training on my own just to be passable. Then they’ll go “he was alright” and I’ll go “I worked at that!””

Read my interview with Rob Vernon

Elin Llwyd on Beauty and The Beast: "“The amount of times I've told people what the panto is this year and they’ve returned with “Oh, are you playing The Beast? I reply with “No I'm actually playing Beauty” I feel awkward then! It’s quite nice really, who wouldn’t want to dress up in pretty dresses and have fun?”


Beauty and The Beast continues at The Riverfront until January 5. For full information on ticket prices visit https://nccsec.newport.gov.uk/tickets/ or call box office on (01633) 656757 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...