Sunday, 22 December 2013

Those Radio Times Advent Calendar: Waggoners Walk

Back in the 1970s, two soaps dominated the BBC Radio airwaves. Radio 4's The Archers had already been in existence since the early 1950s and still is still going strong in 2013 while Radio 2's Waggoners Walk born from a play in 1969 had a much shorter life span ceasing to be in 1980.

I actually have some vague memories of hearing later episodes of this show during the Summer of 1979, although what the episodes were about I really cant recall, the shows hardcore story lines evidently flying over my head (although there was a dog called Skip I remember!).

Anyhow back in 1971, The Nash family at No.1 Waggoners Walk were celebrating Christmas. I can't really say anything else beyond that, Radio Times doesn't divulge anything except the time of broadcast, cast list and a Christmas Family photograph...

What was in Mike Nash's (Edward Cast) Christmas Cracker I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...