Some still make funny reading almost a century later, here are some of my favourites:
- Man power. Someone or something that is very strong. When a man has much more strength than a woman.
- A republican is a sinner mentioned in the Bible.
- A widow is a wife without a man.
- The first book of the Bible is Guinessis.
- An epistle is the wife of an apostle.
- Moths eat least of all because they eat holes.
One suspects that if Hunt was still around today he could probably plunder many blog posts for similar Howlers...
Another book you can read at leisure and find something different every time. This edition (thank you Healthy Planet) was published by Ernest Benn Ltd in 1949.