Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Stars On 45RPM: Petula Clark - My Friend The Sea / With All My Love (Pye 7N.15389, 1961)

Pye 7N. 15389, 1961
Here's a retro vinyl find from 1961 by Petula Clark, the follow up to her hit Romeo,entitled My Friend The Sea.

Released on Pye records, My Friend The Sea  covered with With All My Love reached a respectable No.7 on the UK charts.

This find from a Newport Charity Shop has remarkably clean surface on it despite its age, and appears  in its original Spin With The Stars paper sleeve.

Another interesting addition is the stamp on both sides of the sleeve from the record  retailer, Paul Gibbs, Records and Electrical based at the time in Clifton Street, Cardiff. It was quite common for many record stores to stamp sleeves at the time and adds a little more to the personality of this vintage vinyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...