Sunday, 13 July 2014

Charity Shop Finds: Shirley Bassey, Katherine Jenkins, Avril Lavigne and Jim Reeves

Found For A Pound: 4 CD releases
One of my favourite charity shops in town yesterday was having a bit of a clear out, so I picked up 4 CD's at 25p each to load some more tunes onto my iPod with.

The releases found were
  • Katherine Jenkins - Living A Dream
  • The Best of Shirley Bassey
  • Jim Reeves - The Collection
  • Aviril Lavigne - Let Go

Finding two albums from Welsh-born artists is probably not too difficult here in Wales, I'm still scratching an itch for early Shirley Bassey material while I always enjoy Katherine Jenkins classical tone.

Avril Lavigne always seemed to be in the UK charts over a decade ago and both Rachel and I were quite big fans of her singles, we'd never got around to getting the album so I thought this was a good opportunity!

Finally, I must have thumbed over several Jim Reeves albums in charity shops over the years, I remember my father having a huge collection of them back in the 1970s, one track Bimbo particularly stands out in memory and that was on this compilation as well as several other country flavoured ditties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...