Sunday, 31 August 2014

Interview With Mezzo Soprano Laura Wright

Laura Wright Interview
for The Guide
I recently interviewed Mezzo Soprano Laura Wright who has released her EP The Sound Of Strength on Decca Records.

The concept behind The Sound of Strength EP is the body as the ultimate instrument. There are plenty of similarities between athletes and classically trained singers – the need for dedication, being healthy and being prepared to challenge yourself.

Laura has taken this desire to always challenge herself as an inspiration for the EP. "We love the kind of music that goes with sport which tends to be classical," Laura says, "You look at The Three Tenors and The World Cup and I've tried to bring that (music) and my sporting passion together. I wanted something I could listen to in the gym because I see my body as an instrument and my voice as a muscle."

Laura has taken her classical music to a new level with tracks including Puccini’s Nessun Dorma and Barber’s Adagio for Strings, arranged herself and melded to driving beats, with the help of producers Starkey (who has worked with composer Einaudi), Killahurtz and Dan Vinci (who has worked with everyone from Skream, Snoop Dogg and Jesse Ware). Doing so, she has created a new sound which melds beauty and power to startling affect. 

She is currently working on her forthcoming album, due for release in September.

For more information on Laura and her work visit her official website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...