Thursday, 28 August 2014

Interviews With West End Actors Rob Wilshaw And Lloyd Green

Rob Wilshaw Interview from The Guide
I recently had the opportunity to interview two young actors from South Wales  who are now starring in musicals in London's West-End. In both instances I had previously witnessed both actors in local productions in Newport in previous years.

Rob Wilshaw had previously been Prince Charming in Newport Riverfont's 2011 pantomime Cinderella. We would later see him in Joseph and His Technicolor Dreamcoat at Wales Millennium Centre.

Rob has recently joined the cast of Jersey Boys in London. “I play Donny and Knuckles as well as other characters,” Rob told me, “Although its not as dance orientated as Joseph, I’m still on the go all the time. I go on stage to be one character then run off get changed quickly run back on and become someone else straight away.”

Lloyd Green Interview from The Guide
Jersey Boys is a play with music,” continues Rob, “so, it’s actually really nice to do some gritty scenes where you get to act. Its nixes to do something with a bit of depth to it but then again have the joy of the music and dancing its really cool.”

Lloyd Green who hails from Caldicot recently took over the role of Sky in the West End production of Mamma Mia. I had previously seen Lloyd in a supporting role in a local production of The Producers some years ago so it was good to see his new-found success in his new show.

Lloyd recently completed three years in drama school, and was spotted  by Mamma Mia! casting director Steve Crockett during a student showcase, “ I went in and auditioned for a couple of rounds. Then he called me on the way home that day and said “we are considering you for the role would you be interested?” I was confirmed two days later, it was amazing.”

“I couldn't believe it, if I'm honest, I had a great audition and so much fun, everyone here is so lovely and bubbly, it was fantastic, but I never actually thought it would happen. “
  • Jersey Boys is currently playing at the Piccadilly Theatre, London, while Mamma Mia! is playing at The Novello Theatre, Aldwych.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...