Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Retro Vinyl Find: A Tribute To Cliff Richard by Tony Webb, (Stereo Gold Award, 1977)

Here's a charity shop find from the weekend. Congratulations To Cliff Richard is an LP I've seen from time to time over the years but usually avoided.

I remember my mum almost purchasing this many years ago back in the 70s - then backing off as it wasn't Cliff on the album!.

As it was only 10p I simply couldn't resist it as it features a great image of Cliff on the cover.

Congratulations To Cliff Richard mainly features covers of Cliff's hits from the 70s including Devil Woman and Take Me High although there are a few oldies including Move It! and Congratulations.

The performer on the album is Tony Webb. I'm not sure who Tony Webb is as there isn't much information on the Internet and the only Tony Webb I'm aware of is one half of The Webb Twins who appeared on Hi-De-Hi in the 1980s, They also released their own album around 1985.

If anyone has any further information about this release and perhaps who Tony Webb was/is  I'd be delighted to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...