Thursday, 4 September 2014

Interview With Motorhead Guitarist Phil Campbell

Phil Campbell Interview
Motorhead guitarist Phil Campbell recently toured with his All Star band and I had the opportunity to interview him about his new project and his life in music.

"I didn't want to have to get up early and wear a suit to work," Phil told me. He recalls his early interest in music with a lot of fun and seeing his long term music collaborator Lemmy as a member of Hawkwind in Cardiff back in the 1970s. "I saw Hawkwind at the Capitol theatre and Lemmy came outside. I've still got his autograph and the programme actually." Phil continued with a chuckle in his voice, " Somebody said "if you'd have realised you'd play in a band with him for 20 years you'd send him packing really wouldn't you?""

Phil has a passion for music and it is this passion that has led to the formation of Phil Campbell's All Starr band. The band are came together at a family party three years ago and contain Phil and his sons including singer Neil Starr."We played about five songs we were having so much fun we decided to make it a long-term thing," says Phil ," Neils on vocals my other two are on bass guitar and drums.Its a lot of fun putting stuff together they're on a parr with me its great fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...