Sunday, 7 September 2014

Interview With Trumpeter Alison Balsom

Alison Balsom Interview In The Guide
I recently interviewed trumpeter Alison Balsom who will tour shortly.

The tour will include repertoire from Alison’s much anticipated new album entitled Paris, which she has co-produced with Guy Barker as well as some classic material. “ I’m going to start with a little bit of Bach, but then I’ll go to Sachse and Ravel,” says Alison, “there will also be a lot jazzy things like April In Paris and Gershwin’s Someone To Watch Over Me .”

Alison will also be collaborating with her own ensemble of musicians for her forthcoming UK shows.

 “I’m going to have a mixture of amazing musicians with me,” she tells me, “I’ll have a jazz trio, a rhythm section and string players. With the trumpet, I’m showing it can do all these different Miles Davis and Baroque things, and then there are these other instruments like the double bass and the piano that have all those different personalities too.”

Evidently Alison intends to exploit all the musical instruments in her show to their full potential, “It’ll be eclectic, classical and a bit more jazzy, something for everyone,” she says.

For more information visit Alison Balsom's Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...