Friday, 10 April 2015

Stars On 45: When I Fall In Love / Calypso Blues by Nat King Cole (Capitol, 1957)

Nat King Cole was only 45 when he passed away in the mid-1960s. One of the 20th century's greatest music voices, his legacy of recordings have gone on to win newer fans since Nat's own heyday.

I've known and loved several of Nat's greatest hits and Christmas songs over the years and have more recently started listening to some of his earlier work as part of the Nat King Cole Trio.

I was delighted to make a couple of Nat King Cole finds in Carmarthen last weekend, two singles and a CD in fact!

Here's the first release I came across, an original 45RPM of Nat's 1957 classic When I Fall In Love on Capitol Records covered with Calypso Blues on the B Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...